EPIC Founder and Director
Abby is the director of program development for Grace Episcopal Church, where she directs EPIC as well as Grace Year, a yearlong experiential learning fellowship for spirituality, leadership, and justice. Abby graduated with a degree in Sociology and Africana Studies from Vassar College, earned a certificate in Justice Ministry Education from Auburn Theological Seminary in Manhattan, and is a yoga teacher. She feels very strongly about things being casual but not sloppy, people advocating for themselves, and the art of good group facilitation. In her life before EPIC, Abby led trips abroad for high school students, was afraid of churches, researched witchcraft in West Africa, and spoke French well.
In her role as the Director of EPIC, Abby can be found doing many different things, including the following:
- Memorizing the back roads of Dutchess County in a popcorn-flooded car
- Sending Whatsapp messages to students at four high schools all day long, hoping they're not texting back while in class
- Simultaneously interpreting between English and Spanish in small and big groups with only occasional funny errors
- Trying her best to kindly show adults that youth are, in fact, extremely capable of leadership
- Making plans and then promptly abandoning them